If you missed “Episode 1 (For Writers),” check it out here. If you missed others, you can check them one out here–they’re all about productivity, writing, and blogging! Each week, I’ll be combing through the RSS feeds, blogs, and news sites I frequent (read: “waste time on”) and link out to some great resources I’ve found.
These are all links to blogs and websites that I visit regularly, either in person or through my awesome Mac RSS reader (aptly named “Reeder”) and the apps from the great people at ReadItLater. I have culled these from the most obscure of places as well as the most popular websites alike, and each of these links has served a purpose for me–either helping to solve a problem, get something written in a gooder better way, or to just give me a little inspiration along the way.
I hope you enjoy these links as much as I have; be sure to visit each site and subscribe to their lists, as well as mine! Also, if you aren’t yet aware, I started up the mailing list again, so be sure to grab that sweet chunk of free stuff.Without further ado:
- The Most Inspirational Content Ever for People Interested in Blogging
Section 1: General Blogging
Have a blog? Maybe? Not quite? Whether you’re a newbie or an expert, here are some AWESOME posts and articles that can take your blog to the next level:
- Do Not Share: For Your Eyes Only – I’ve shared Glen’s posts here before, and there’s a reason I’m sharing more. Do yourself a big blogging favor and click it and read it. Then do it.
- Things That Will Kill Your Blog Post Every Time – The de facto standard for SEO for blogs is SEOmoz, and this post is a great one, too. Originally mentioned on Seth Godin’s tiny little blog that I’m sure no one reads…
- The Most Important Blog Post You’ll Probably Never Read – One thing about Glen’s posts is that you’ll be able to pick up some very intriguing (and successful) headlines! This post is no different, and it’s chock-full of helpful advice.
Section 2: Promotion
I tried to include some links that have helped me promote my blog, and some that I’ve used in the past:
- 5 Ways to Increase Your Facebook Fan Engagement – A great resource for any aspiring “social media-lites” (yes, that’s a word). Here’s a good one on Facebook, and how to build it out the right way.
- Are You Making These 7 Mistakes with Your About Page? – I’ve linked to this one before, but it’s REALLY good. Go read it, then go change your About page to make it awesome. Here’s one example.
- 56 Ways to Market Your Business on Pinterest – Who thought you needed 56 reasons to get on Pinterest? This guy did.
Section 3: “Because There’s Supposed to Be a Section 3”
Annnndddd with section 3 I’ll drop some more general blogging posts that I think rock:
- Can You Make Money Blogging without Selling Your Soul? – Again, Jeff hits the nail on the head with this one. Great for writers of all types.
- Six Easy Ways to Get More Comments on Your Blog Now – Another Goins posts, this one’s something you can probably use help with!
- Traffic Generation for Writers: How to Get All the Traffic You Want – This is a very “clickable” post, so I won’t bore you with the synopsis. Just go read it!