A few resources:
- Swipe files: Popular Science magazine, National Geographic, etc.
- “Iterative Approach:” Iterate and change a simple, granular idea until you have a better idea
- Rewrite a book you’ve read in the past (don’t worry, it will likely be completely different when you’re done with it!)
- Get inspiration from pre-made book covers, Barnes & Noble, Amazon, etc.
- Get inspiration from artwork, “fantasy/sci-fi artwork” (or generalize for your genre)
- “Characters might be born out of a conversation with someone in real life”
- “Forensic Approach:” Ask yourself questions about a (theoretical) story
- “Epic doesn’t start with epic”
“For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”
“Blue Topaz: Machine Helicopter.”