How Kevin makes jerks into his best friends.
The biggest professional networking mistake Nick has ever made.
And how Kevin talks Nick off the ledge when he wants to lash out and punch people in the face.
- Distance yourself from the criticism. Possibly physically, always emotionally.
- Take time to process the criticism. Pause, reflect, realize, have empathy, etc. “Disruption.”
- Admit fault (if needed). Redirect
- Paraphrase, re-paraphrase, redirect, and close.
- “Are they saying something offensive or are you just being offended?”
- Take responsibility for yourself. YOU are most often the reason you’re feeling a certain way.